Police: Suspect fled after car struck wheelchair-bound man
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wheelchair-bound man remains hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Kensington and police are searching for the driver.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday at Frankford Avenue and Elkhart Street.
Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck by a vehicle
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition
Officials say the driver of the striking vehicle fled on foot and remains on the loose.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 31 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 7 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
31 min ago