Pa. governor signs 3 more death warrants
HARRISBURG, Pa. - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has signed execution warrants for three men on death row.
Darien Houser was convicted of the 2004 killing of a Philadelphia warrant officer attempting to serve a warrant on Houser for failing to appear at his rape trial.
John Koehler Jr. is on death row for persuading a teenager to kill Koehler's girlfriend and her 9-year-old son in Bradford County in 1995.
Willie Clayton was found guilty in 1986 of killing two Philadelphia men during separate robberies, two months apart.
Pennsylvania has executed only three people - all of whom chose to end their appeals - since the U.S. Supreme Court restored the death penalty in 1976. The last was in 1999.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 6 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
6 min ago