Pa. governor signs 3 more death warrants
HARRISBURG, Pa. - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has signed execution warrants for three men on death row.
Darien Houser was convicted of the 2004 killing of a Philadelphia warrant officer attempting to serve a warrant on Houser for failing to appear at his rape trial.
John Koehler Jr. is on death row for persuading a teenager to kill Koehler's girlfriend and her 9-year-old son in Bradford County in 1995.
Willie Clayton was found guilty in 1986 of killing two Philadelphia men during separate robberies, two months apart.
Pennsylvania has executed only three people - all of whom chose to end their appeals - since the U.S. Supreme Court restored the death penalty in 1976. The last was in 1999.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 31 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 43 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 4 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 23 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos