Buggy driver fatally dragged by horse in Pa.
STRASBURG, Pa. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man driving a horse-drawn buggy in central Pennsylvania was fatally dragged by the horse after what may have been an equipment problem.
Authorities say the man was driving for a buggy ride business in heavily Amish Lancaster County when he was killed by the runaway horse Sunday afternoon. His name wasn't immediately released.
Strasburg fire Chief Rick Wentz says the man had been driving a family of three before he got out of the carriage because of some sort of problem, possibly with the horse or reins. The horse then took off, dragging the man about 200 feet.
Wentz tells the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era two passengers were hurt. The extent of their injuries wasn't immediately clear.
pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 7 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 53 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
7 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
6 min ago