Pa. Turnpike clear after two-vehicle crash
WHITEMARSH TWP, Pa. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennyslvania Turnpike is back open after a two-vehicle crash that injured two people and left part of the road shut down.
It happened shortly before 2:00 Friday afternoon in the westbound lanes, just before the Fort Washington exit.
Pennsylvania State Police say one car crashed into the back of another - causing one of the vehicles to overturn.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed rescuers as they worked to free a man trapped inside of a black pick-up truck. Authorities say he was taken to Abington Hospital in an unknown condition.
One person was also injured in the overturned vehicle and was taken to an area hospital for minor injuries.
Traffic got by along one shoulder for sometime but the scene has since been cleared.
No word what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pa turnpike, accident, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 54 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 12 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 7 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 54 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
7 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos