Water main break cuts service to 50 homes in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents in one Port Richmond neighborhood were coping with a water main break Friday.
The 6-inch main broke Friday morning on Salmon Street near the intersection of Ontario Street.
About fifty homes on the north side of Ontario were without water.
Philadelphia Water Department crews were working to repair the broken main.
The utility said it hoped to have water service restored by the end of the day.
philadelphia, water main break, port richmond, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures