Teenage girl kidnapped, robbed, raped at gunpoint in Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the report of an abduction and rape at gunpoint.
It happened at 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8th and Spring Garden Streets.
A woman in her late teens told police she was forced into a gray Ford Crown Victoria sedan at gunpoint, robbed and sexually assaulted, then dropped off in the 5000 block of Whitaker Avenue in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
She is being treated at Episcopal Hospital.
The victim describes her attacker as an African-American man with a thin build, about 25 years old. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251.
philadelphia, abduction, rape, spring garden, juniata park, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 22 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 10 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 11 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 15 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
8 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
15 min ago