Teenage girl kidnapped, robbed, raped at gunpoint in Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the report of an abduction and rape at gunpoint.
It happened at 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8th and Spring Garden Streets.
A woman in her late teens told police she was forced into a gray Ford Crown Victoria sedan at gunpoint, robbed and sexually assaulted, then dropped off in the 5000 block of Whitaker Avenue in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
She is being treated at Episcopal Hospital.
The victim describes her attacker as an African-American man with a thin build, about 25 years old. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251.
philadelphia, abduction, rape, spring garden, juniata park, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 10 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
44 min ago