Bar fight leads to deadly shooting in Reading
READING, Pa. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in eastern Pennsylvania are searching for the gunman who killed one man and wounded another in a Reading tavern parking lot.
The Reading Eagle says two city officers heard the gunshots just before 2 a.m. Monday at the JetSet Restaurant lot.
Police say a fight inside the bar spilled out into the parking lot, then someone shot two men.
They arrived to find 27-year-old Jose Rivera lying near a car with multiple gunshot wounds. Officials say he later died at Reading Hospital.
A 35-year-old Reading man was shot in the arm and was also taken to the hospital. Police declined to release information about him or his condition.
Sgt. John Solecki said the victims were walking from the tavern to their car, and the shooter opened fire as they were getting into the vehicle.
shooting, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 2 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ