There's a sculpture controversy brewing
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a sexting controversy in a Kansas City suburb -- over a statue.
The American Family Association is collecting petition signatures in opposition to the scuplture titled "Accept or Reject."
The bronze work depicts a woman with an open blouse taking a picture of herself with a cellphone.
The statue is on display at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
Opponents contend it violates anti-obsecinty laws and should be investigated by a grand jury.
The Kansas City Star reports petitions with about 4,700 signatures have been turned over to Johnson County, Kansas, election officials.
kansas, bizarre bazaar
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?