There's a sculpture controversy brewing
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a sexting controversy in a Kansas City suburb -- over a statue.
The American Family Association is collecting petition signatures in opposition to the scuplture titled "Accept or Reject."
The bronze work depicts a woman with an open blouse taking a picture of herself with a cellphone.
The statue is on display at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
Opponents contend it violates anti-obsecinty laws and should be investigated by a grand jury.
The Kansas City Star reports petitions with about 4,700 signatures have been turned over to Johnson County, Kansas, election officials.
kansas, bizarre bazaar
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 12 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 4 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
49 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
4 min ago