There's a sculpture controversy brewing
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a sexting controversy in a Kansas City suburb -- over a statue.
The American Family Association is collecting petition signatures in opposition to the scuplture titled "Accept or Reject."
The bronze work depicts a woman with an open blouse taking a picture of herself with a cellphone.
The statue is on display at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
Opponents contend it violates anti-obsecinty laws and should be investigated by a grand jury.
The Kansas City Star reports petitions with about 4,700 signatures have been turned over to Johnson County, Kansas, election officials.
kansas, bizarre bazaar
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos