11 charged in Cumberland Co. drug bust (PHOTOS)
BRIDGETON, N.J. - September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office announced charges against 11 people on Wednesday following the investigation into a large scale drug operation.
Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said the scheme involved the distribution of cocaine and marijuana.
Authorities say they seized more than $507,000 in cash, 10 kilos of cocaine worth $2 million, two pounds of marijuana worth $7,000, five vehicles and two handguns.
This is believed to be the largest seizure of both narcotics and currency in Cumberland County history, Webb-McRae said.
"It is my hope that the announcement of these arrests will send a clear message that law enforcement is prepared and able to investigate and dismantle any such operation which so negatively impacts the quality of life in Cumberland County," Webb-McRae said in a statement.
The suspects arrested were:
George T. Jones, 35, of East Foundry Street, Millville, New Jersey
Gregory R. Spence, 31, of SW 12th Street, Pembroke, Florida
Barbara A. Scott, 41, of Berkley Street, Camden, New Jersey
Christine P. Baker, 29, of Myrtle Street, Vineland, New Jersey
Frank Green AKA "Rah-Rah," 31, of Glen Park Apartments, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Lavinston J. Lamar AKA "Vegas," 31, of Buckshutem Road, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Marcus Thompkins AKA "Smooth," 31, of Oak Street, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Frank A. (Najee-Ullah) Wright, 51, of Buckshutem Road, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Sherry L. Thompkins, 39, of Oak Street, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Aikeem J. Williams AKA "Dream," 27, of Glen Park Apartments, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Kareemah L. Johnson , 25, of Glen Park Apartments, Bridgeton, New Jersey
The suspects were arrested between mid-August and mid-September.
new jersey, cumberland county, drugs, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies