Teen firefighter killed in Delaware car crash
SELBYVILLE, Del. (AP) -September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a teenage firefighter was killed in a crash while heading to the Dagsboro Fire Company to answer an emergency brush fire alarm.
State police say 17-year-old Justin Townsend of Dagsboro was killed in the crash Thursday afternoon north of Selbyville. Investigators say Townsend was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old John Morton Jr.
State police say the truck spun on a curve and the vehicle struck a pole and overturned. Townsend was pronounced dead at the scene. Morton was taken to Beebe Hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
accident, teens, delaware, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 53 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
59 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
53 min ago