Teen firefighter killed in Delaware car crash
SELBYVILLE, Del. (AP) -September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a teenage firefighter was killed in a crash while heading to the Dagsboro Fire Company to answer an emergency brush fire alarm.
State police say 17-year-old Justin Townsend of Dagsboro was killed in the crash Thursday afternoon north of Selbyville. Investigators say Townsend was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old John Morton Jr.
State police say the truck spun on a curve and the vehicle struck a pole and overturned. Townsend was pronounced dead at the scene. Morton was taken to Beebe Hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
accident, teens, delaware, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 15 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 31 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos