3 injured in shooting at Del. apt. complex
NEWARK, Del. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left three men wounded in the Brookside section of Newark, Delaware.
It happened around midnight at the Morgan Crossing Apartments on Chestnut Crossing Drive.
When officers arrived, they found the 35-year-old victim lying on the ground with gunshot wounds to his upper and lower body.
A second victim, a 23-year-old, flagged down an officer in the area of Malvern Avenue and Chestnut Hill Road with a gunshot wound to his lower body.
The third victim, a 22-year-old male was found inside of his vehicle with an injury to his head.
The 22-year-old was treated and released. The other two victims remain at Christiana Hospital.
Police say there is no word yet on what sparked this shooting as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department at 302-395-8110 or visit www.nccpd.com. You can also provide a text tip at: 847411 (TIP411), begin your message with NCCPD and then type your message. Tipsters may call Crime Stoppers as well at (800) TIP-3333.
delaware, new castle county, newark, shooting, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- DUI suspected in Famous Footwear crash in Chesco 4 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 27 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police