Man killed in Wake County accident
ROCKY MOUNT -- A Rocky Mount man was killed in an accident Sunday evening.
Exactly what happened remains unclear, but it appeared 50-year-old Charles McGee had pulled over on the left shoulder of the bridge over Knightdale Boulevard on the US 64 Bypass to work on his daughter's vehicle which had stalled there earlier.
That's when the driver of a BMW slammed into the back of McGee's vehicle.
McGee's daughter told ABC11 that her father was loving, kind and God-fearing man.
"I'm comfortable knowing that my father is at peace and I know that he's in heaven," said Neshoba Gorham. "That's what comforts me and gets me along the way."
The State Highway Patrol said charges will be filed. However, they still have to sort out which of the two men inside the BMW was driving and what his state of mind was at the time of the crash to figure out what happened and what charges to file.
They have also not yet figured out why the BMW ran off the road or if alcohol was involved.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police