Penn State won't renew contract of Tim Curley
HARRISBURG, Pa. - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State will not renew the contract of athletic director Tim Curley, who has been on leave since being charged last year with perjury and failing to report a child sex abuse allegation against former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
University spokesman Dave La Torre said in a statement the school notified Curley his contract would not be renewed when it expires in June. La Torre declined further comment Tuesday, citing a personnel issue.
Curley and retired vice president Gary Schultz are scheduled to stand trial in January in Harrisburg on the perjury and failure to report charges. Both men have denied the allegations against them.
Curley was charged last November. The school has paid about $2 million so far for the legal defense of Curley, Schultz and former president Graham Spanier.
jerry sandusky, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 17 min ago
- Turning Milder 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 38 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
17 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
38 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
56 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
44 min ago