2 injured in 2 car crash on I-95 in Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are on the scene of a two vehicle accident on I-95 northbound just north of Route 896 Newark.
The accident happened at approx 3:15 p.m.
Officials say an SUV crossed over from the southbound lanes of I-95 into the northbound lane striking a car head-on.
The 24-year-old driver of the SUV was trapped in his vehicle and had to be extricated by the fire department.
He was rushed to Christiana Hospital with serious injuries.
The 20-year old driver of the other car suffered injuries to her chest, head and extremities. She was also transported to Christiana Hospital where she is listed in stable condition.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, newark, delaware, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 43 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 50 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash