School District of Philadelphia closed on Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy
PHILADELPHIA - October 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The School District of Philadelphia will be closed on Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy.
Also closed are early childhood and afterschool programs.
The public and media are urged to monitor the District website at www.philasd.org for any updates.
Updated information will also be posted on the District's Information Hotline at 215-400-INFO (4636).
Meanwhile, Archdiocesan Schools in Philadelphia are also Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy.
The City of Philadelphia is under a state of emergency.
In Philadelphia, the American Red Cross has set up emergency shelters at three schools that are expected to be opened Sunday beginning at 4:00 p.m.
West Philadelphia High School
4901 Chestnut Street
Roxborough High School
6498 Ridge Avenue
Samuel Fels High School
5500 Langdon Street
(All open at 4pm Sunday)
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 23 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies