Gas leak at closed Camden school
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a gas leak at a Camden school that has been closed for more than a year Wednesday morning.
The fire department was called to the 1000 block of Linden Avenue.
Officials say they were investigating the report of a gas leak at the Powell Elementary School.
Crews noticed a loud hissing sound when they entered the building and they quickly evacuated because of the odor.
Investigators are looking into whether the school was vandalized.
Police are detouring traffic around the school near 10th and Chester Streets.
gas leak, camden, school, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 37 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 14 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death