Arrest made in fatal SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run in Southwest Philadelphia that left a woman dead.
Jerome Brooks, 45, of the 800 block of Lincoln Street in Elmira, New York, has been charged with murder, homicide by vehicle, aggravated assault and related offenses.
The victim, Deanna Teal, 52, was struck and killed around 10:25 p.m. Monday night in the 4800 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the vehicle involved, a grey Chevrolet SUV with heavy front-end damage, was found in the 4700 block of Larchwood Street.
The vehicle was discovered by an officer who noticed antifreeze and markings on the street, and followed the trail about six blocks to the SUV's location.
Police told Action News on Tuesday that the person behind the wheel was likely speeding at the time of the crash.
hit and run, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 7 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply