Arrest made in fatal SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run in Southwest Philadelphia that left a woman dead.
Jerome Brooks, 45, of the 800 block of Lincoln Street in Elmira, New York, has been charged with murder, homicide by vehicle, aggravated assault and related offenses.
The victim, Deanna Teal, 52, was struck and killed around 10:25 p.m. Monday night in the 4800 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the vehicle involved, a grey Chevrolet SUV with heavy front-end damage, was found in the 4700 block of Larchwood Street.
The vehicle was discovered by an officer who noticed antifreeze and markings on the street, and followed the trail about six blocks to the SUV's location.
Police told Action News on Tuesday that the person behind the wheel was likely speeding at the time of the crash.
hit and run, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies