Arrest made in fatal SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run in Southwest Philadelphia that left a woman dead.
Jerome Brooks, 45, of the 800 block of Lincoln Street in Elmira, New York, has been charged with murder, homicide by vehicle, aggravated assault and related offenses.
The victim, Deanna Teal, 52, was struck and killed around 10:25 p.m. Monday night in the 4800 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the vehicle involved, a grey Chevrolet SUV with heavy front-end damage, was found in the 4700 block of Larchwood Street.
The vehicle was discovered by an officer who noticed antifreeze and markings on the street, and followed the trail about six blocks to the SUV's location.
Police told Action News on Tuesday that the person behind the wheel was likely speeding at the time of the crash.
hit and run, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish