Police: Teen held and critical after shooting in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they are holding a teen that was shot and left critical after a shooting in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred just after 10:30 p.m. along the 7300 block of Revere Street.
Police say a 19-year-old male was shot in the back.
Witnesses say they saw two men run off after the shooting.
The victim was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
He told police he was robbed but he is now being held after investigators found a weapon and drugs on him.
Police continue to investigate.
shooting, drugs, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1