Police investigate Germantown homicide
GERMANTOWN - December 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a homicide in the Germantown section of the city.
Officers were called to the 4900 block of Wayne Avenue just before 9:00 a.m. Monday for a report of a shooting.
There, they found the 30-year-old male victim shot once in the chest.
He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
There was no word on a suspect or motive as this investigation continues.
philadelphia, germantown, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 54 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 38 min ago