Dozens of Paulsboro residents sue Conrail, CSX
PAULSBORO, N.J. - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say 54 Paulsboro, N.J. residents have filed a lawsuit against Conrail and CSX for damages from last month's train derailment.
The residents are seeking medical screening for early detection of serious and life-threatening medical conditions.
The demands come from concerns over the leak of vinyl chloride from a ruptured tanker car.
Residents also want compensation for being forced out of their homes and for significant disruption of their daily lives in the community.
train accident, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 4 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 1 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 18 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
57 min ago