Police ID NJ man killed in Christmas Day crash
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the driver killed when his sport utility vehicle struck a tree on a major highway in New Jersey's capital city on Christmas morning.
Trenton police say Armando Canil-Ajqui, a 31-year-old city resident, was killed in the crash that occurred shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday on southbound Route 29, not far from the Waterfront Park baseball stadium.
Police say Canil-Ajqui had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. His wife and their children - a 10-month-old boy and two-year-old girl - were treated for minor injuries. Their names were not released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, trenton, accident, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 48 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 16 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 2 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 8 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 39 min ago