Police ID NJ man killed in Christmas Day crash
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the driver killed when his sport utility vehicle struck a tree on a major highway in New Jersey's capital city on Christmas morning.
Trenton police say Armando Canil-Ajqui, a 31-year-old city resident, was killed in the crash that occurred shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday on southbound Route 29, not far from the Waterfront Park baseball stadium.
Police say Canil-Ajqui had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. His wife and their children - a 10-month-old boy and two-year-old girl - were treated for minor injuries. Their names were not released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, trenton, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos