Victims of deadly Route 202 crash in Chester County identified
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the victims of a deadly one-vehicle crash on southbound Route 202 in West Goshen Twp., Pa.
Police say the accident happened just after 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, when the vehicle slammed into a pole near Route 100.
Claude Norris III, 22, of Coatesville, Pa., a passenger, was killed.
James P. Wilkins, 22, of Coatesville, the driver, was injured.
A second passenger, Booker T. Gerald, 23, of Coatesville was also hurt.
Arriving officers found the vehicle in a grassy area on the west side of the roadway.
They say Norris had been ejected from the vehicle. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Wilkins and Gerald were rescued from the vehicle and taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. Police say charges against the driver are pending.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 8 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 10 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 31 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 42 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering