Woman jumps, man rescued from burning South Side building
January 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two people were injured in a fire on the South Side early Tuesday.
The flames broke out at a boarded-up graystone near 48th Street and Indiana.
Firefighters were able to rescue a 50-year-old man who was taken in critical condition with smoke inhalation to the University of Chicago hospital.
A woman jumped out of the building. She was in good condition Tuesday.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos