Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter killed in Nuevo; suspect sought
NUEVO, Calif. -- Two women were killed Monday evening in Nuevo, and authorities are still searching for a suspect.
The women were attacked around 5 p.m. in the 29000 block of Central Avenue. Riverside County investigators said 25-year-old Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother, identified as 51-year-old Maria Gonzalez, was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center where she shortly succumbed to her injuries.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Detectives did not reveal how the victims were killed.
"Both of these females were brutally attacked at the scene, and we're working that, we're trying to find out who that suspect is," said Riverside County Sheriff's Captain Scot Colllins. "We don't know if it was a random attack or if it was targeted."
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3500.
riverside county, inland empire news, leo stallworth
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 57 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 30 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 53 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 59 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
57 min ago