Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter killed in Nuevo; suspect sought
NUEVO, Calif. -- Two women were killed Monday evening in Nuevo, and authorities are still searching for a suspect.
The women were attacked around 5 p.m. in the 29000 block of Central Avenue. Riverside County investigators said 25-year-old Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother, identified as 51-year-old Maria Gonzalez, was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center where she shortly succumbed to her injuries.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Detectives did not reveal how the victims were killed.
"Both of these females were brutally attacked at the scene, and we're working that, we're trying to find out who that suspect is," said Riverside County Sheriff's Captain Scot Colllins. "We don't know if it was a random attack or if it was targeted."
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3500.
riverside county, inland empire news, leo stallworth
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures