Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter killed in Nuevo; suspect sought
NUEVO, Calif. -- Two women were killed Monday evening in Nuevo, and authorities are still searching for a suspect.
The women were attacked around 5 p.m. in the 29000 block of Central Avenue. Riverside County investigators said 25-year-old Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother, identified as 51-year-old Maria Gonzalez, was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center where she shortly succumbed to her injuries.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Detectives did not reveal how the victims were killed.
"Both of these females were brutally attacked at the scene, and we're working that, we're trying to find out who that suspect is," said Riverside County Sheriff's Captain Scot Colllins. "We don't know if it was a random attack or if it was targeted."
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3500.
riverside county, inland empire news, leo stallworth
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 28 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 28 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 1 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 33 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 1 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 37 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos