3 injured in Delaware County apartment blaze
EDDYSTONE, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people are hospitalized, including a police officer, after fire erupted inside an apartment building in Eddystone, Delaware County early Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:45 a.m. at the Creek Bank Apartments in the 1100 block of Eddystone Avenue.
Authorities say, firefighters arrived to flames showing on the 3rd floor of the building.
Two people were hospitalized with injuries - one of which suffered severe burns.
A police officer was also taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials from the Red Cross tell Action News that about 30 units were likely affected by fire.
They say 25 families (38 people) got financial assistance for food, clothing, and/or lodging.
The Red Cross has set up a reception center for displaced residents at the Light House Community Center at 1401 E. 9th Street in Eddystone.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 58 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos