Daley writes op-ed on gun debate
February 27, 2013 -- Former Mayor Richard M. Daley has jumped back into the gun debate for the first time since leaving office.
In an op-ed for the Financial Times, Daley writes, "With the U.S. focused on gun safety for the first time in decades... now is the time to ask a fundamental question: Will it finally stop favoring the industry over its children's human rights?"
He goes on to write, "If thousands of young people were harmed each year by household products... Americans would clamour for regulation."
Daley encourages parents who have lost children to gun violence to become national advocates for better laws to protect young people.
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 40 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch