Temple student speaks out after home invasion robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are in custody and a third still at large in the home invasion robbery of four Temple University students.
And Wednesday night, the woman who was followed home spoke only to Action News.
"You're just thinking you're going to do whatever you can," she said. "You'll do whatever they say. You're just trying to get out of there alive."
The Temple University senior and three of her roommates don't want to be identified.
They're still too terrified after a home invasion Monday night. One young lady was walking along 18th street. She opened her front door, and she soon sensed her attackers.
"He pulled out the gun and said, 'We are here for you,'" she said.
The woman was forced into her home by the gunman. Two other accomplices rushed to the third floor where her roommates were.
"He had the gun to my head the entire time," she said. "His friend said, 'Just be quiet. Shut her up. We won't hurt you if you just shut up. And that's when he got out the duct tape.'"
Three of the four women were bound. The suspects stole cell phones, cash, credit cards and computers and then fled.
"They were leaving. They said, 'You wait 30 minutes, don't say anything. You didn't see us or we will kill you. We know where you live,'" she said.
Police say they captured two suspects: Tyree Johnson and Malcom Murray. Surveillance video led police to the thieves.
A third suspect, Elijia Washington, remains at large. He has a long criminal history. Investigators say it's just a matter of time before he's caught.
"We are just thankful they got them, and we can start moving on with our lives," said the woman targeted.
"Obviously, some of these criminals are very desperate, very brazen, and they will force their way inside someone's property point of gun in order to commit their crimes," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.
Temple University sent out an alert to students notifying them about the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Central Detective Division Detective Guercio at 215-686-3093.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple, robbery, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 46 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
19 min ago