Former boxing champ Larry Holmes recovering after hospital visit
EASTON, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes is recovering at home in eastern Pennsylvania after he was hospitalized for two days because of high blood sugar.
The 63-year-old Holmes tells The Express-Times of Easton he was admitted to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem Township on Tuesday after his blood sugar spiked. He says he had felt lightheaded and drowsy and his doctor sent him to the hospital.
He returned to his Palmer Township home Thursday afternoon and says he's taking medication and following his doctor's instructions to lose weight and eat right. He says blood sugar problems run in his family.
A telephone message left for Holmes was not immediately returned Friday.
Holmes grew up in Easton and was heavyweight champion from 1978 to 1985.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 36 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
36 min ago