Getting out of car, man shot in the head in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 40-year-old man in the head as he was getting out of a car in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident occurred just before 12:30 a.m. at the intersection of 13th and West Butler Streets.
According to police, the suspect shot a man once in the left ear as he was getting out of a car and fled the scene.
The 47-year-old victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police have made no arrests and are trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
shooting, hunting park, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 5 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 1 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
5 min ago