Gas leak forces brief evacuations in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some people were briefly evacuated in South Philadelphia because of a gas leak.
It happened around 3:00 p.m. in the 2300 block of South Franklin Street.
Authorities on the scene say someone ripped a meter out of a house, causing the leak.
Nine houses were evacuated until the situation was brought under control an hour later.
Everyone has since been allowed home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 25 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 35 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more