Saving With 6abc
Supermarket beauty bargains
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- "Why break the bank when you don't have to?"
Zinno says for most beauty products, you don't have to shop fancy department stores or pricey salons.
"A lot of the products we have at the grocery store are just as effective, the technology is just as good as other department stores or Sephora. Why spend if you don't have to?" she adds.
Among her favorite supermarket beauty bargains: Maybelline mascara.
She says, "It's available at every groceyr store and drug store, but the mascara is just amazing, it gives you those big beautiful lashes and it's under $7."
She says she's also found that Garnier's skincare products compare well to much more expensive brands.
She says, "i love Garnier. It has a moisturizer and then it also has an amazing anti-puff eye cream eye roller. It's made with things like caffeine, which helps ciruclation around the eyes -- get rid of those bags -- and it has mint extract, too, which cools under the eyes and redues swelling."
She also likes supermarket and drug store eye shadows and hair-care products, along with nail polishes.
The one item Zinno says is worth a deparment-store splurge? Foundation, because getting the color right can be tricky.
To get more of Zinno's beauty tips, click here.
money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 5 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 41 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
41 min ago