Shooting victims drive selves to Trenton hospital
TRENTON, N.J. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two shooting victims are being treated for their injuries after they drove themselves to a hospital in Trenton, New Jersey on Friday.
Police sources tell Action News that the two drove themselves to Capital Health Regional Medical Center at 750 Brunswick Avenue at around 2:30 p.m. and arrived in a blue GMC Envoy.
One man had been shot once, the other had been shot twice.
A spokesperson for the hospital confirmed to Action News the victims were not shot at the hospital.
"One gentleman walked into the emergency department and indicated that there was another person in the car. Staff went out to get the other person out of the car and bring them into the emergency department," said hospital spokeswoman Jayne O'Connor.
Police believe the men may have been shot on Oakland Street. Officers are looking there for evidence in this shooting.
One of the shooting victims is in surgery.
Most of the hospital remains under normal operation. The ER is on lockdown for the investigation.
Hospital officials say it is not unusual these days for shooting victims to drive themselves to the ER or for part of the hospital to be on lockdown.
new jersey, trenton, shooting, local/state
- Caskets, headstones unearthed at Philly school 13 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights 30 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 14 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
14 min ago