Shooting victims drive selves to Trenton hospital
TRENTON, N.J. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two shooting victims are being treated for their injuries after they drove themselves to a hospital in Trenton, New Jersey on Friday.
Police sources tell Action News that the two drove themselves to Capital Health Regional Medical Center at 750 Brunswick Avenue at around 2:30 p.m. and arrived in a blue GMC Envoy.
One man had been shot once, the other had been shot twice.
A spokesperson for the hospital confirmed to Action News the victims were not shot at the hospital.
"One gentleman walked into the emergency department and indicated that there was another person in the car. Staff went out to get the other person out of the car and bring them into the emergency department," said hospital spokeswoman Jayne O'Connor.
Police believe the men may have been shot on Oakland Street. Officers are looking there for evidence in this shooting.
One of the shooting victims is in surgery.
Most of the hospital remains under normal operation. The ER is on lockdown for the investigation.
Hospital officials say it is not unusual these days for shooting victims to drive themselves to the ER or for part of the hospital to be on lockdown.
new jersey, trenton, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police