Shooting victims drive selves to Trenton hospital
TRENTON, N.J. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two shooting victims are being treated for their injuries after they drove themselves to a hospital in Trenton, New Jersey on Friday.
Police sources tell Action News that the two drove themselves to Capital Health Regional Medical Center at 750 Brunswick Avenue at around 2:30 p.m. and arrived in a blue GMC Envoy.
One man had been shot once, the other had been shot twice.
A spokesperson for the hospital confirmed to Action News the victims were not shot at the hospital.
"One gentleman walked into the emergency department and indicated that there was another person in the car. Staff went out to get the other person out of the car and bring them into the emergency department," said hospital spokeswoman Jayne O'Connor.
Police believe the men may have been shot on Oakland Street. Officers are looking there for evidence in this shooting.
One of the shooting victims is in surgery.
Most of the hospital remains under normal operation. The ER is on lockdown for the investigation.
Hospital officials say it is not unusual these days for shooting victims to drive themselves to the ER or for part of the hospital to be on lockdown.
new jersey, trenton, shooting, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 43 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 11 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine