Sandy Hook beach area reopens after Sandy
SANDY HOOK, N.J. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A popular swimming and fishing beach area has reopened, little more than six months after sustaining serious damage from Superstorm Sandy.
Gates to the Gateway National Recreation Area at Sandy Hook opened Wednesday morning to accommodate anglers. Sandy Hook is a prime spot for bluefish and striped bass in the spring.
Many of Sandy Hook's historic buildings and many of its beaches were damaged by Sandy.
However, officials say the park's nude beach and beaches B and North will be open by Memorial Day.
Parking will be limited while lots are repaired.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
9 min ago