Sandy Hook beach area reopens after Sandy
SANDY HOOK, N.J. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A popular swimming and fishing beach area has reopened, little more than six months after sustaining serious damage from Superstorm Sandy.
Gates to the Gateway National Recreation Area at Sandy Hook opened Wednesday morning to accommodate anglers. Sandy Hook is a prime spot for bluefish and striped bass in the spring.
Many of Sandy Hook's historic buildings and many of its beaches were damaged by Sandy.
However, officials say the park's nude beach and beaches B and North will be open by Memorial Day.
Parking will be limited while lots are repaired.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ