Suspects sought in Dollar General robbery, shooting
STRAWBERRY MANSION - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department is looking for two men who robbed a Dollar General store and shot a security guard.
The robbery happened at 9:45 p.m. on April 29th at the store located at 2815 Ridge Avenue.
Investigators say the suspects entered the store wearing masks and were armed with handguns.
One of the men forced the manager to open the safe, at gunpoint, while the other suspect shot the security guard in the hand.
After taking an undetermined amount of cash the suspects fled on foot.
However, while leaving the store, one of the suspects lifted his mask and his face was caught on surveillance camera.
Suspect #1 is described as a black male, 21-24 years-of-age, 6'1" tall, thin build, wearing a black and grey stripped jacket. This is the man who, police say, shot the security guard.
Suspect #2 is described as a black male, 5'6" tall, light colored jacket, tan hood. This suspect's face was captured by surveillance video.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, shooting, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!