11 people displaced in Collingdale house fire
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fast moving fire broke out at a home in Collingdale, Delaware County leaving 11 people displaced.
It happened along the 100 block of Pine Street.
Upon arrival, fire crews were met with fire showing from the second floor front bedroom.
One of the residents reported that she was asleep with her daughter when she felt her arm burning. She awoke to find the flames.
The woman was able to grab her daughter and yell for everyone to wake up.
Firefighters were able to get the flames under control with minutes.
Five people were inside the home at the time. One person was transported to Delaware County Memorial Hospital for treatment.
The Red Cross says 11 people from two different families were displaced in the blaze and are being assisted.
Authorities learned that power in the house had been cut off several months ago. The family used candles at night and kept food in coolers in their kitchen.
One resident later told officials that there was a candle burning in the radiator cover near the front window and the candle next to her bed was unlit.
Meanwhile the cause of the fire remains unknown.
pennsylvania, delaware county, fire, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 4 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos