Man wanted for killing girlfriend in Prospect Park found dead
PROSPECT PARK, Pa. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was shot and killed in Prospect Park, Delaware County and her boyfriend, who was suspected in the crime, was later found dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. Sunday on the 1300 block of Fletcher Avenue.
Officers arrived to find a woman in her 30s dead from gunshot wounds to the face and chest.
According to a witness, a man left the home shortly after the gunfire and fled in a van.
Two hours later, police found 38-year-old Anthony Serody, the woman's ex-boyfriend, in the van on the 8600 block of Mario Lanza Boulevard in Southwest Philadelphia. Authorities say he was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The woman's identity has not yet been released.
Police believe it was a domestic situation but the incident remains under investigation.
A spokeswoman for the Delaware County district attorney's office says the victim was involved with another man.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish