Man wanted for killing girlfriend in Prospect Park found dead
PROSPECT PARK, Pa. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was shot and killed in Prospect Park, Delaware County and her boyfriend, who was suspected in the crime, was later found dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. Sunday on the 1300 block of Fletcher Avenue.
Officers arrived to find a woman in her 30s dead from gunshot wounds to the face and chest.
According to a witness, a man left the home shortly after the gunfire and fled in a van.
Two hours later, police found 38-year-old Anthony Serody, the woman's ex-boyfriend, in the van on the 8600 block of Mario Lanza Boulevard in Southwest Philadelphia. Authorities say he was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The woman's identity has not yet been released.
Police believe it was a domestic situation but the incident remains under investigation.
A spokeswoman for the Delaware County district attorney's office says the victim was involved with another man.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 54 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies