Sandusky scandal costs Penn State $46 million
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The legal bills keep piling up for Penn State related to the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
A university website updated costs for the scandal this week. The total as of the end of March was more than $45.8 million, covering legal fees along with consulting work and other associated costs.
The total is up roughly $1.4 million from the previous month. Most of that increase, about $1.1 million, is attributed to legal defense fees for the university, or employees or former employees entitled to representation.
The school says it's spent about $15.5 million on such fees as of the end of March.
Firms covered under the fees include the attorneys for three ex-school officials fighting charges that they covered up allegations against Sandusky, a retired assistant football coach.
pennsylvania, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 38 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 28 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
38 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
28 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos