Police investigate suspicious fire at new YMCA in Havertown
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a suspicious fire at a YMCA under construction in Havertown, Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at the intersection of Eagle and Lawrence Roads.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing in the interior of the construction area.
The fire was placed under control with little damage to the building.
There were no injuries reported.
Investigators have called the fire 'suspicious.'
Officials have told Action News that construction on the new building will continue as planned for the scheduled opening in October 2013.
fire, pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos