Police investigate suspicious fire at new YMCA in Havertown
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a suspicious fire at a YMCA under construction in Havertown, Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at the intersection of Eagle and Lawrence Roads.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing in the interior of the construction area.
The fire was placed under control with little damage to the building.
There were no injuries reported.
Investigators have called the fire 'suspicious.'
Officials have told Action News that construction on the new building will continue as planned for the scheduled opening in October 2013.
fire, pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 21 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
9 min ago