Boy killed in Chester accident identified
CHESTER, Pa. - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- One child is dead and another injured following an accident in Chester.
11-year-old Tyvaun Fryson is going to be okay.
HIs knee is sprained, but the injury is minor considering his 10-year-old friend is dead.
"The car came around, hit Rashy first and then hit me," said Tyvaun Fryson.
Police say a black Monte Carlo and a red Ford F-350 pickup truck collided at 9th and HIghland.
Both vehicles jumped the curb. The car hit Fryson. The truck ran over his friend, who died on scene.
A nurse tried to revive the boy, who has been identified by his family as Rastafari Covert.
"I seen the little kid on the ground and he didn't look like he was in too good a shape," said witness John Howard.
"By the time I got here they were trying to get him up. But they had to work on him, and they just took him off," said Gordine Miller of Chester.
Investigators say both drivers are cooperating. Toxicology tests are pending, and no charges have been filed.
For Tyvaun Fryson's mother, Tiesha Spriggs, there's a conflict of emotions. "I feel sorry for the family that lost their son, but I'm glad that I still have mine,"
Both drivers have been released by police.
Charges are pending the outcome of the investigation.
pennsylvania, accident, child death, chester, delaware county, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more