Delaware County man accused of shouting racial slurs in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man attending a Toby Keith concert in New Jersey's most impoverished city climbed a fence into a housing complex, waved a Confederate flag and shouted racial slurs at residents.
Thirty-three-year-old Darren Walp of Ridley Park, Pa., was arrested in Camden Saturday. He's charged with bias intimidation, harassment and criminal trespassing and is in the Camden County Jail with bail of $5,000.
Walp was arrested Saturday evening in the crowd at the Susquehanna Bank Center. The concert venue is near the Royal Court apartments in a city where most residents are minorities.
Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson says he's asking the United States Attorney's Office to review the case and possibly take over the prosecution.
It was not immediately clear if Walp had a lawyer.
camden, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 23 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 41 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ