Body identified as missing Gloucester Twp. woman Carol Reiff
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the body found in Gloucester Township on Monday is that of missing woman Carol Reiff.
Police say Reiff, 59, was identified by dental records, but the cause of death couldn't be determined due to the state of the body.
The cause and manner of death are listed as "pending," the Camden County Prosecutor's Office said on Wednesday.
Reiff's body was found around 11:47 a.m. Monday near the Lakeview Apartments at 590 Lower Landing Road, where she lived.
She hadn't been heard from since last Thursday. She was supposed to visit family in Manahawkin on Friday, but never showed up.
As the investigation continues, a $1,000 reward is being made available for information that would shed light on how Reiff died.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator Chuck Farrell at (856) 225-8653 or Gloucester Township Police Detective Bill Westphal at (856) 228-4500.
new jersey, camden county, missing person, body found, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet