Man found shot dead in car after police pursuit in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police made a deadly discovery during a pursuit through North Philadelphia overnight.
The high-speed chase ended when a driver crashed into a parked car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street at 12:30 Tuesday morning.
Police found a 21-year-old man shot to death inside the vehicle.
The driver of the wrecked car ran off, along with a second passenger who was in the back seat.
Police are still trying to determine who shot the victim, and whether or not he was in the car when he was struck by the bullet.
The search for the driver and the other passenger continues.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, police chase, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos