Woman's body discovered in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a body Thursday morning in Wilmington, Delaware.
The body was discovered by a passerby at 7:28 a.m. in a lot in the 600 block of East 14th Street.
Authorities identified the victim as Janeal Jones.
Police say a preliminary investigation suggests that Jones was stabbed. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
An autopsy is set to be conducted by the Chief Medical Examiner's Office to determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
wilmington, delaware news, body found, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 18 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 16 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 33 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier