Newlyweds from Philadelphia killed in North Carolina crash
ASHEVILLE, N.C. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A newlywed couple from Philadelphia died in a North Carolina car crash over the weekend.
Police say William Reid, 26, and Jamie Soukup Reid, 25, were riding in the back of a town car on Route 26 in Asheville on Sunday when the car they were in went off the road and hit a tree.
Investigators say one of them died at the scene while the other died at the hospital.
The driver of the car, 45-year-old Rodney Koon of Asheville, is hospitalized.
According to the funeral home's online obituary, Will and Jamie were married in Philadelphia on May 26, 2013.
Will was a math teacher with People for People Charter School in Philadelphia and was the Valedictorian for Phillipsburg High School Class of 2005.
Jamie taught writing and literature and was most recently teaching at Harrity Elementary, a Mastery Charter School in Philadelphia. She also earned a Masters degrees in Urban Education from the University of Pennsylvania.
Jamie and Will graduated together in May, 2012.
Memorial funeral services for Will and Jamie will be held Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 12 p.m. (Noon) in Doyle-Devlin Funeral Home, Inc., 695 Corliss Ave., Phillipsburg, NJ. Visitation will be held Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to time of services in the funeral home.
There will also be a Celebration of Life for Jamie and Will on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 1 p.m. at the Plateau Club in Sammamish, WA. http://www.plateauclub.com/
Memorials may be made to William and Jamie Reid Scholarship Fund for the Valedictorian, c/o Phillipsburg High School, 200 Hillcrest Boulevard, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 with checks payable to: Phillipsburg High School. Contributions may also be made to the Jamie Soukup Reid Memorial Scholarship fund, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
north carolina, philadelphia, accident, marriage, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed