Man crashes alleged mobile meth lab in Greenwood, Delaware
GREENWOOD, Del. - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man they say led them on a chase in his car, which contained a meth lab.
It happened about 3:20 p.m. Thursday in Greenwood. Law enforcers saw a car with the driver's side door ajar and approached the vehicle. Police say when a trooper got to the car, the driver pulled away, striking the trooper's arm.
Authorities pursued the vehicle, which crashed in a yard. The driver was arrested. Officers say they found a meth lab in the vehicle.
Thirty-three-year-old David McCurley of Greenwood has been charged with 2nd degree assault and other offenses.
This is the second time in a week troopers have found an alleged mobile meth lab. Police in Milford arrested a driver after finding two bottles cooking in his vehicle.
delaware news, sussex county news, drugs, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 8 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ