Fire damages 2 houses in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Chester, Delaware County had their hands full early Saturday morning battling a 2-alarm fire.
Crews were called out to the 500 block of East 10th Street around 5:19 a.m. after getting several 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire.
Firefighters soon discovered a twin home on fire and quickly went to work battling the intense flames. However, water pressure problems caused firefighters to strike a 2nd alarm as the flames threatened neighboring homes.
Crews managed to get the fire under control. It was later learned both homes damaged by the fire were vacant.
There are no reported injuries and no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
chester, delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 22 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 41 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 9 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 7 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.