Body pulled from Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body was pulled from the Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia Saturday morning.
The discovery was made around 8:00 a.m. in the water in front of the Quaker City Yacht Club, located on the 7100 block of Delaware Avenue near Princeton Avenue.
The body is said to be that of a black male.
A police marine unit retrieved the body from the water.
Police are still trying to identify the victim, as well as determine a cause of death.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, body found, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book