$50k reward for post office robber in Yeadon, Pa.
YEADON, Pa. - August 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Law enforcement authorities are trying to track down the bandit who robbed the post office in Yeadon, Delaware County Friday morning.
The postal inspector's office says the man, caught on surveillance, walked into the post office armed with a device and announced a robbery.
Postal workers had just opened the office and were startled. The man fled with several hundred dollars in cash.
"It's very rare," said Postal Inspector Reggie Wade. "In fiscal year 2012, nationally there were 83 robberies. We had 53 arrests. We were able to prosecute 50 individuals. It's very rare and we want to keep it that way."
The Postal Service wants to add to that list and get Friday morning's robber off the street.
Investigators want you to take close look. He has a beard, was wearing a Phillies hat and what appears to be a surgical glove on one hand, likely to prevent fingerprints.
His alleged score was not much, but the reward for his capture is. It's $50,000.
Robbing a federal employee or institution is a federal crime. The penalties are severe.
"It's just not smart," said Wade, "just not smart. And we will find you and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law."
The suspect could face 25 years behind bars.
If you know that man or have information, call this number 877-876-2455. Your tip can remain confidential.
pennsylvania news, robbery, delaware county news, local/state, chad pradelli
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 1 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 24 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 12 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 58 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 25 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
30 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
39 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
57 min ago