Pedestrian killed after Jason Aldean concert in Scranton
SCRANTON, Pa. - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an arrest has been made in connection with the death of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle as he was leaving a country music concert in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Authorities in Lackawanna County said the man was hit shortly before 10 p.m. Sunday after a Jason Aldean concert at Montage Mountain.
Police in Scranton told The (Scranton) Times-Tribune that a 23-year-old Union Dale woman was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Capt. Glenn Thomas said charges are pending the results of a blood test.
Coroner Tim Rowland said 33-year-old Michael Sanders of Dunmore died at Geisinger Community Medical Center about 40 minutes after he was struck.
The scene was blocked off, creating a massive traffic jam and preventing people from leaving the concert for hours.
pennsylvania news, scranton, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 51 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep