4 recovering from shootings in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people are recovering from gunshot wounds after a violent Sunday in Wilmington, Delaware.
The latest happened Sunday night. Officers arrived to find a shooting victim who had collapsed in front of the McDonald's restaurant in the 300 block of North Monroe Street.
Police believe the victim was shot in another location and fled the scene.
Medics took him to the hospital in critical condition.
While police were helping that victim, they were notified that Wilmington Hospital was treating another victim from the same shooting incident.
It was not immediately clear where the shootings took place or what led the gunfire.
The incident followed two earlier shootings that happened within an hour of each other Sunday afternoon.
An 18-year-old man was shot in both legs around 2:40 p.m. in the unit block of North Van Buren Street. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Then, just before 4 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was found in a parking lot in the 400 block of North Madison Street with a gunshot wound to his pelvis area. He also was in stable condition.
Police didn't immediately announce any suspects in either shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 18 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
9 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
18 min ago